With the arrival of August this Saturday, I created a makeup look inspired by the autumnal harvest Sabbats that traditionally begin to be celebrated during this time in accordance with the Wheel of the Year. I have a very eclectic spiritual practice that ties in with honoring the earth and moon cycles and my love for visual expression through makeup.
So, here is my first autumnal harvest inspired makeup look highlighting oranges, browns, and coppers with product names that compliment the theme.
- e.l.f Flawless Satin Foundation in Light Ivory
- e.l.f 16HR Camo Concealer in Light Peach
- NYX Mineral Matte Finishing Powder in Light/Medium
- Morphe Blush Trio in Pop of Coral (Unapologetic – nose contour)
- NYX Tinted Brow Mascara in Black
- NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk
- e.l.f Bite Size Eyeshadow in Pumpkin Pie (all shades)
- ACE Beautē Flair Palette (Cider, Pumpkin, Acorn, Firefly)
- e.l.f Waterproof Length & Volume Mascara in Black
- BH Cosmetics Glowing in Greece (Santorini – blush, Olympia – highlight)
- Makeup Revolution Strobe Highlighter in Gold Addict
- e.l.f SRSLY Satin Lipstick in Persimmon
My foundation was a few shades too light for me but luckily you can’t tell from the photos, and it provided a medium coverage that still let me skin peak through (I’ve been dealing with acne so ignore the extra texture). I’ve been a big fan of heavy blush lately and applied it all across the center of my face, including my nose.
The eyeshadows from both of the palettes I used were lovely to work with and blended seamlessly together, allowing me to use 8 different shades in total to create the eyes. The lips were a pleasantly pigmented surprise as I had never tried the e.l.f SRSLY Satin Lipsticks before and thought the orange color brought the look together.
Whether you recognize Lughnasadh or a similar holiday, enjoy the autumnal colors and aesthetic, or are passing the time by playing with makeup, I hope this look gave you some magickal inspiration and a few products to try.